NATIONAL TALENT SEARCH EXAMINATION (NTSE)
Department of Education will conduct NTSE Competitive examination for Class X students every year on the guidelines of NCERT New Delhi.
Eligibility :- All the students of 10th standard who are studying in recognised schools are eligible to write NTSE Exam.
Objectives of the scheme:
- To identify talented students in class X.
- Giving financial assistance towards getting best possible Education.
- Motivating them to serve the nation well.
This Examination conduct in two phase.
- First phase (State Level)
- Second phase (National Level)
FIRST PHASE (State Level): KSEEB will conduct the State Level(First Phase) Examination on 03-11-2019 in all the Educational blocks (taluks) all over the States. For more details visit / Contact kseeb.kar.nic.in phone no:080 23341615, 235662283, 29720300.
First Level Examination consists of Two Papers.
Paper-I GENERAL MENTAL ABILITY TEST (GMAT): This paper consists of multiple choice items on reasoning, analysis and synthesis / pictorial, numerical, descriptive etc. Total 100 Questions.
Paper-II SCHOLASTIC APTITUDE TEST (S.A.T) (b): Consists of 100 questions. Out of which 40 questions will be in Social Science which includes History, Geography, Civics and Economics, 40 questions in General Science including Physics, Chemistry and Biology, 20 questions from Mathematics.
Syllabus for NTSE Examination: There is no fixed Syllabus. The Questions will be to the level of 10th Standard. It includes State Govt / ICSE / CBSE 10th Standard syllabus and text books. Based on the state rank required number of students are selected for second phase.
SECOND PHASE (NATIONAL LEVEL): This examination will be conducted by NCERT New Delhi in May every year in Bangalore for those who qualify in first phase (state level) on the basis of written test. It will be notified by NCERT in all the leading News Papers. For more details Contact NCERT Website http://www.ncert.nic.in
National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMS)
The KSEEB will conduct written competitive examination at state level to select the candidates on 03-11-2019 For applications and other details Contact kseeb.kar.nic.in 08023341615, 235662283, 29720300
Objectives of the Scheme
- Identifying the talented students in 8th standard.
- Providing financial help to the talented students to continue their studies.
- To avoid dropouts due to financial crisis.
ELIGIBILITY: Students of Govt., Local body and Govt Aided Private School students are eligible to appear for the examination. (Students of KendrIya Vidyalaya, Navodaya and any other residential Schools run by Central or State Govt are not eligible)
- Parental income should not exceed Rs.1, 50,000/- per annum.
- Candidates must secure 55% marks in class 7th annual examination.
- 5% relaxation is given to SC, ST and disabled students.
This examination consists of two papers.
- A) Paper 1 : General Mental Ability Test (GMAT):This paper is confined to GMAT consisting of 90 compulsory multiple choice objective questions for 90 marks. This paper consists of items of questions on reasoning, analysis & synthesis, figurative, numerical, descriptive etc.
- B) Paper 2: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT):Consists of 90 multiple choice objective type questions out of which 35 questions from General Science, 35 questions from Social Science and 20 questions from Mathematics.
The candidates who are selected based on the district quota, category and the marks scored in the Examination will be awarded a scholarship of Rs.1000/-p.m from 9th std To 2nd P.U.C. For a span of four years.
Continuance of the scholarship:
The continuation of awarded Scholarship by the MHRD will be the maintenance of academic excellence as may be prescribed the conditions shown below.
- The awardees should get minimum 55% marks in class IX, XI, XII and 60% in class X. 5 % relaxation for SC / ST category students.
- The selected students should continue their studies in Government & Government Aided colleges only.
- ITI & Diploma course students & Unaided institution students will not get the scholarship.